Healthcare Clinic Manager
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Hickory-main office, Lincolnton, Morganton, NC
Immediate Supervisor Title: Director of Operations
The Clinic Manager will be responsible for creating an environment of patient-focused care, defining standards for quality patient care, managing, mentoring, and developing work-based teams for assigned shifts, training new staff and providing leadership to our clinic team. This role is a working Manager role, and the successful candidate must learn all aspects of every clinic position, previous medical assistant experience required. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Operations and assist in administrative and clinical supervision.
• Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Oversees the clinic team, which includes chart prep, diagnostic/surgery scheduling, CNAs, LPN, Medical Assistants, and Clinic Assistant Leads.
• Oversees Front Desk Team Lead and Front Desk staff.
• Maintains OSHA/HIPAA guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Maintains staff by participating in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and mentoring all clinical staff.
• Maintains clinic staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees when necessary, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations that are OSHA/HIPAA appropriate.
• Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols, enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
• Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains clinic supplies inventory and anticipating needed supplies within the department.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Clinic Manager Skills and Qualifications:
• Informing Others
• Medical Assistant Skills
• Creating a Safe Effective Environment
• Medical Teamwork
Clinic Manager Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Aptitude for resolving administrative issues and conflicts.
3. Working knowledge of current OSHA and blood borne pathogen regulations.
4. Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage several tasks simultaneously.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, physicians, and providers.
6. Collaborate with top management teams to develop and implement programs and services.
7. Ability to maintain professional behavior and promote a positive image of the practice.
8. Be responsible and compassionate.
9. Be detailed oriented.
10. Communicate well with both patients and coworkers.
11. Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
12. Critical thinking skills and positive attitude essential.
• Normal working hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday; some incidences of work beyond the normal business hours should be expected based on patient and departmental demand.
• Professional medical office setting without significant variation in temperature or lighting.
• Performance of basic physical functions of finger dexterity, grasping, clearly understood speaking, hearing, sight (far and near to include data, figures, and computer equipment), and repetitive motion.
• Performance of primarily sedentary work, sitting for extensive periods of time; occasional lifting or moving of object weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Travel to satellite locations
• A minimum of 5 years’ management experience. Proven experience in a medical clinic manager role or equivalent medical managerial position.
• A minimum of 5 years medical assistant role.
• In-depth knowledge of policies and regulations in the clinic field.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.