Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is needed at our Mooresville location.
Position is responsible for the review and follow-up on accounts to ensure timely payment from insurance or patients.
- Read and understand Explanation of Benefits from various insurance companies. Follow-up with insurance companies and ensure claims are paid.
- Appeal payer denials per protocol.
- Identifies and resolve patient billing inquiries to ensure quality patient service.
- Posting payments and charges to accounts, as needed.
- Review and analyze AR reports incorporating payer payment guidelines to resolve accounts effectively.
- Review and resolve account balances ensuring payment is received.
- Participates in staff educational activities as requested. Keeps current with health care trends and practices.
- Other general office duties as assigned by Billing Office Manager.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year accounts receivable experience, preferable within a health care organization. Employment within a health insurance company with similar duties may be substituted. Additional education and/or general office experience is beneficial.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities): The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position including but not limited to:
- Ability to collect on delinquent accounts with payers or patients.
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 Codes, modifiers.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge in medical coding.
- Skill in general office procedures, data entry/ten key, telephone etiquette.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of payer guidelines.