Triage Clinical Assistant
This position is responsible for providing professional clinical care to patients under supervision of Physicians and the Clinical Supervisor. This position acts as a liaison between the patient and the physician and is the primary support to the physician assisting with daily coordination of patient care.
- Review and complete inbox tasks.
- Address patient calls/portal in a timely manner.
- Assess, address, triage patient issue per CGH protocol and make appointments as needed.
- Communicate information to physician via inbox/cortex.
- Communicate physician orders/advice and test results to patient via patient portal, phone call or letter.
- Document all instructions and responses in EMR.
- Review pending tests file. Obtain all test results. Evaluate, scan to chart, and task physicians.
- Document and escribe prescription refill requests per physician approval.
- Obtain prior authorizations as necessary.
- Prepare EMR 2 days prior to appointment date ensuring all test results and pertinent records are in chart. Utilize Epic to obtain records. For non-Epic providers that medical records have been unable to obtain records contact the patient’s referring office. These may include, but not limited to, op notes, hospital summaries, lab reports, office notes etc.
- Ensure completion of Colon Recall Files
- Maintain confidentiality in matters regarding the clinic, physicians, patients, and employees.