Climco designs & manufactures engineered coils, actuators and solenoids. Major markets served include heavy truck, mobile hydraulic, SUV & pickup truck. All products are engineered & tooled for specific customer applications. Climco provides its first-tier customers with extensive engineering support and an exceptionally high level of quality and service. Climco is a privately-held, financially solid company with a great Midwestern culture. The Company has been operating in Morrison, IL for over seventy years and is currently experiencing strong growth. Climco offers competitive wages & attractive benefits including company daycare, 401K match, continuing education and a professional work environment. The Engineering Manager position provides exceptional opportunities for personal growth & to contribute to the continued success of our Company.
Core Elements of the Position
The Engineering Manager will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of highly skilled engineering staff while ensuring that company objectives and goals are met.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new engineering staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Lead Business Development Activities Including:
- Working closely with potential new customers to understand their requirements & to identify their unmet needs.
- Developing innovative design & manufacturing approaches to differentiate Climco’s offering.
- Building cost models & preparing winning proposals.
Lead Product Development Activities Including:
- Detailing the design.
- Acquiring capital equipment & tooling.
- Process development.
- Validation & working with QA on APQP activities including PPAP.
- Product launch.
Lead Continuous Improvement Activities Including:
- Mistake proofing and no fault forward
- Defect & scrap reduction
- Process & Efficiency improvements
- Capacity increases
Team closely with Quality to resolve any customer identified concerns.
Contribute as a member of the company Top Management Team
- Thorough understanding of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Thorough understanding of applied math and physics.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (mechanical or electrical preferred); Master’s degree preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required; automotive experience highly desirable.
- Some experience in one of the following; injection molding, stamped or machined components.
- Five years of proven project management experience
- Experience with ISO Quality Management Systems; preferably IATF Quality Management System.
- Customer interface experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
Relocation package available for the right candidate.
Click "apply" to this job posting to submit your resume to us by email.
For more information visit: www.climco.com (password required for full access).