Operating Room Registered Nurse
Operating Room Registered Nurse
Flexible hours Monday – Friday
Willing to Train.
High volume of diagnosed & Surgical procedures with 2 operating rooms.
CMC opened 2001, over 20 years in business!
NO Call, holidays, or weekends!
Benefits after 90 days.
Paid Vacation & Holidays.
Coastal Medical Center, LLC, located in the beautiful city of Sarasota, Florida, is seeking a skilled and dedicated Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN) to join our esteemed surgical team. As an Operating Room RN, you will play a pivotal role in delivering safe, efficient, and patient-centered care during surgical procedures. Your expertise will contribute to the success of our surgical interventions and the well-being of our patients.
- Surgical Preparation: Collaborate with the surgical team to ensure the operating room is prepared with all necessary equipment, instruments, and supplies before procedures.
- Patient Assessment: Conduct preoperative assessments, review medical histories, and ensure patients are properly positioned for surgery.
- Sterile Techniques: Maintain a sterile environment in the operating room, ensuring adherence to infection control protocols and preventing surgical site infections.
- Surgical Assistance: Aid surgeons and other team members during procedures, including passing instruments, sutures, and supplies as needed.
- Medication Administration: Administer medications and anesthesia as directed by the anesthesiologist, ensuring accurate dosages and patient safety.
- Monitoring: Continuously monitor patients' vital signs, anesthesia levels, and physiological responses throughout surgery, promptly addressing any changes.
- Documentation: Accurately document intraoperative events, procedures performed, and medications administered, maintaining comprehensive and detailed records.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with the surgical team, anesthesiologists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated care and patient safety.
- Emergency Response: Be prepared to respond to emergencies or unexpected events in the operating room, initiating appropriate interventions and alerting physicians as necessary.
- Postoperative Transition: Assist in transferring patients to the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) or recovery area, providing essential handoff information to ensure continuity of care.
- Instrument Care: Properly handle, clean, and maintain surgical instruments, ensuring their sterility and functionality for subsequent procedures.
- Professional Development: Stay updated with the latest advancements in surgical techniques, equipment, and nursing practices, contributing to continuous improvement in patient care.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Florida.
- CNOR (Certified Nurse Operating Room) certification is advantageous.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certifications required.
- Proficiency in sterile techniques and infection control protocols.
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities within a multidisciplinary team.
- Adaptability and composure in high-pressure surgical environments.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in documentation.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art surgical technologies and resources.
- Contribution to enhancing patient outcomes and experiences.
If you are a skilled RN with a passion for surgical care and a commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our team at Coastal Medical Center, LLC. Your expertise will be integral in delivering exceptional surgical care to our patients in a cutting-edge environment.
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
Coastal Medical Center, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences.