We are hiring for several positions. Could you be one of those joining our team?
Office Location: 8800 E 63rd St, Suite 320, Raytown MO 64133
Tentative Start Date: August 21, 2023
Why You’ll Love This Position:
Working for Disability Determinations, you will enjoy a culture of honesty, trust, respect and inclusion. The work we do can be life-changing for Missouri citizens with disabilities. We stand by providing compassionate customer service, people helping people, and making the right decisions for citizens. There are opportunities to advance within the Counselor position and promote to other positions. The opportunities to grow in this position are endless where every day is a learning opportunity. If you are interested in a job that offers great work/life integration, we’d love to talk more!
What You’ll Do:
Ultimately, you make determinations as to an individual’s eligibility to receive Social Security disability benefits. You do this through the following activities:
- Review, examine, and analyze electronic documentation daily
- Screen and evaluate electronic medical, psychological, vocational, educational and other related information
- Conduct telephone interviews with claimants and other professionals as needed
- Use available policy, regulations, and procedures to guide decision-making
- Summarize information gathered into a concise, logical finding on a claim
- Develop working relationships with the medical community and other related agencies
All You Need for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with starting salary of at least $47,664
- Master’s degree preferred, with starting salary of at least $50,016
- Prior work experience demonstrating regular attendance, critical thinking, independent task completion
More Reasons to Love This Position:
Total compensation is more than your salary.
- Health insurance 1st of the month following start date
- Generous amounts of annual and sick leave each month
- 13 paid holidays
- Retirement and deferred savings programs
- Opportunity for distributed work after 1 year of successful employment
If you have questions about this position, please contact: Human Resources at 573-751-3251
To our applicants with disabilities: For assistance with any phase of the application process, please contact Human Resources at 573-751-3251. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate requested needs. TTY/TDD users: Relay Missouri Service: 573-751-0881.
Notice to Applicants: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas through INS.
For more information and to apply please click the APPLY!!