Busy Diagnostic Radiology Center in Gainesville, FL seeks a Registered Radiologic Technologist for Full Time position. State License and ARRT Registry required. 3 years of varied skills in diagnostic radiology preferred, however, recent graduates and less experienced persons acceptable if agreeable to training.
Full Time position will offer a generous benefits package including competitive wages, health insurance, LTD, life insurance, and 401(k). No call, nights, or weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with radiologists and other medical staff
- Use radiologic imaging to diagnose and treat patients
- Explain procedures to patients in layperson's terms and confirm patient understanding
- Ensure patient comfort and safety for the duration of the appointment
- Prepare, position, and immobilize patients prior to conducting scans
- Perform radiologic tests to obtain clear and correct body scans
- Perform highly complex examinations and general diagnostic procedures
- Monitor patients throughout procedures
- Assist with lab tests and patient care exams
- Follow all radiological safety procedures and guidelines
- Notify radiologist of test results and identify results that require immediate attention
- Perform front office or medical assisting duties as needed
- Handle patient check-in, evaluation, or requisition of medical records
- Participate in hiring and training personnel
- Operate and maintain highly specialized medical equipment
- Notify supervisor of any issues with or malfunctions of equipment
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree in radiography or radiologic technology
- Completion of a specialized certificate program in radiologic technology
- Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Able to work independently while closely coordinating with clinical staff
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Strong listening skills and the ability to build rapport with patients
- Demonstrate punctuality for shifts
- Maintain a professional demeanor
Doctors Imaging Group is a physician-owned radiology practice with outpatient imaging centers in Palatka and Gainesville, Florida. Our radiologists are also on the medical staff and provide coverage for North Florida Regional Medical Center and Lake City Medical Center Radiology Departments.
We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer.