Chef / Cook
Working at Ebenezer is more than a job - it's a mission. When you join our Ebenezer family you'll find support, opportunities for growth and advancement, all while you work at a rewarding job! We promist to suppor your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others.
Deer Crest Senior Living is looking for a Chef/Cook to support our community. This role is responsible for ensuring that meals are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and resident expectations.
Starting wage of $17.10/hour + more for experience and guaranteed wage increase of $2.00 over the course of the first year of employment.
- 70 hours every two weeks
- Full time day shifts - 10 hour shifts
- Every other weekend and holiday rotation
- Ensuring that meals are served and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and customer expectations
- Preparation of meals by following standardized recipes
- Handles and prepares food in a safe manner following policies and infection control and safety standards.
- Ensure timely production and meal service is provided to residents
- ServSafe certification, or must be obtained within 90 days of start date
- High volume cooking experience in a similar environment preferred
- Scratch cooking experience preferred
If you share our commitment to quality care for older adults, there’s a place for you at Ebenezer! Click Apply Today!
Why work for Ebenezer? Ebenezer employees work as a team to provide the highest quality care to those we serve. Our employees don’t work simply to collect a paycheck; they truly work to make a difference in the lives of older adults in their communities. Ebenezer has been consistently recognized as a Minnesota Top Workplace by the Star Tribune.