To be a successful Campus Nurse you must become able to do the following always:
- Ensure a trauma informed focus on creating a safe and supportive environment for staff and those served through knowledge, sensitivity, respect, and a focus on resilience and recovery.
- Ensure the healthy treatment of clients through assessments, file review, overseeing the medication program, and working closely with outside professionals.
- Responsible for assisting the Lead Campus Nurse in the training of direct care staff in medication administration and in ensuring the cottage is always medically compliant.
- Responsible for providing consultation to staff regarding non-emergency medical/medication needs.
- Responsible for re-ordering medications in the cottages on a weekly basis.
- May work with campus psychiatrist and external providers to ensure client behavioral health and medical needs are met.
- Follow Company Policy and Procedure and operate according to the Company’s Program Practice Guidelines.
- Meet department goals and advance within competencies.
How you will spend your time in this job:
- 40% Medication Administration
- 30% Health
- 15% Liaison
- 10% Consultation
- 5% Other duties as assigned
To qualify for this job, you need to have:
- Associates degree in Nursing from accredited school, required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from accredited school, preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse by the State of Kansas.
- Prefer school or residential nursing experience.
- Ability to travel, driving company or personal vehicle including at night. Ability to do occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Able to walk upstairs. Ability to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Employee is subject to outside environmental conditions occasionally, inside conditions frequently, with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change. (Physical working requirements)