Qualified Medical Assistant - QMA
QMA (Qualified Medical Assistant)
Five Star Residences of Noblesville is a beautiful community in Noblesville, IN, with more than 150 units offering independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care.
Starting Wage: $19/hr & up based on years of experience
$1,500 Sign On Bonus
At this time, we are seeking Part Time QMA (Qualified Medical Assistant)
- This is the job of the Medication Aide to administer oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/vocational nurse.
- Follows current standards of hygiene, safety and infection control when handling, storing and disposing of medications.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of scheduled time.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Recognizes the resident's right to refuse medication.
- Notifies the appropriate RN/LPN when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed nurse (RN/LPN).
- Monitors residents who self-administer medications and report deviation from the plan of care to the licensed or registered nurse.
- Secures medication cart.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
- Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions for medication provision.
- Accurately documents medication provision.
- Recognizes and reports general reactions to medications.
- Recognizes the limitations of the Medication Aide role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination.
- Successful completion of a state approved Medication Aide course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with state regulations.
- Strong communication skills.
Our Core Values
- We Put People First
- We Act With Integrity
- We Mind the Business
- We Listen, Then Act Decisively
- We Work to be Our Best
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.