Imaging RN Coordinator
Hill Country Memorial Hospital Fredericksburg, TX Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on March 3, 2023
- Assures staffing for optimum patient care utilizing Nursing Process and Best Practices. The Coordinator will assess, identify needs, plan, implement appropriate interventions, document and evaluate outcomes.
- Administer medications including moderate sedation
- Functions as patient advocate. Provides direct patient care as needed. Meets the physical and emotional needs of patient and family.
- Provides in-service education on patient care safety and infection control. In-services nursing staff regarding imaging nurses role, continuity of patient care and topics related to Imaging. Assists with the orientations of nurses, physicians, technologists and students.
- Participate in quality and safety reviews of activities and processes for area of work; assists in implementing changes to effect continual improvement in services provided, and complies with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assures cooperative/seamless patient care between Imaging and other departments.
- Participates/provides representation to the Clinical Practice Council.
- Participates in Shared Leadership for the Imaging Department.
- Has knowledge of vascular, cardiology and interventional radiology supplies and its application. Assists with ordering and maintaining supply inventory.
- Provides support for supervision of all Imaging department staff.
- Works with department director for staff development-QCP, department goals, and alignment with hospital strategic goals.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Experience administering moderate sedation.
Experience in cardiac or radiology interventional department a plus.
Licenses & Certifications