Insurance Follow-Up Specialist
Hill Country Memorial Hospital Fredericksburg, TX Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on October 19, 2022
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Serves as a team leader with all front office functions including patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, and answering phones.
- Assists nurse/medical assistant with obtaining authorizations for in-office and out-of-office procedures and surgeries from insurance companies.
- Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately for maximum patient benefit and organizational success.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Manages filing and retrieving medical records and patient information.
- Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of patient charge entry into the practice management system, handles front end rejections through the practice management system or clearinghouse, and assists with collecting and recording co-pays (cash and/or charge).
- Coordinates the receipt of all applicable deductible, co-insurance, and co-pay amounts from patients for their procedures and surgeries.
- Assists medical group leadership with completing facility credentialing paperwork for all assigned providers.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Three years of medical office experience is required.
- General surgery coding experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful, eCW preferred.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Bilingual, helpful.
- High school graduate. Some college is preferred.
- Course-work in healthcare office management is preferred.