- Perform complex tasks associated with the operation of high field strength magnets and related equipment to produce special radiographic images of specific body parts. Position patients for MRI scans using immobilization and protective equipment as required.
- Screen patients for MRI safety prior to procedure performance.
- Evaluate MR scans for technical quality, collate processed images and sequence of exposure and label appropriately.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Uses interpersonal skills effectively to build and maintain cooperative working relationships within and outside of the Imaging Department.
- Explain procedures to patient before beginning.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to HIPPA guidelines.
- Perform quality control procedures on equipment and images, works with Radiology Director and or Lead Technologist on scheduling of any service and or preventive maintenance needed or required.
- Ensure adequate supplies on hand to perform any exams and invasive procedures.
- Load and operate injectors for contrast media administration.
Education: ARRT RT MR, Graduate of an approved 2 year radiology program preferred.
Experience: One year experience in MRI
Knowledge/Skills: Advanced skills in MRI, to include MRA
Licenses/Certifications: ARRT RT MR, CPR, TDH