RN Circulator - OR
Under general supervision following established policies and procedures, and professional guidelines, delivers nursing care to patients in the surgical operating room environment.
- As a core member of the peri-operative team, the OR circulator practices as the patient's nurse and collaborates with the ream to facilitate the coordination of safe, efficient patient care during the surgical process. Documents all aspects of the care during the inter-operative phase.
- Leads a team of multi-skilled patient care providers.
- Ensures and manages that appropriate nursing and technical care is delivered using the nursing process and according to acceptable standards of care for the operating room.
- Monitors, positions and assists the patient during the procedure.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about the patient condition and team needs for the patient.
- Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory.
- Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of surgical operating team are met.
- Current Texas RN license in good standing.
- BLS, required.
- CNOR, preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in OR role, preferred.