RN - PACU - Sign-On Bonus
- Leads a team of multi-skilled patient care providers in the delivery of preferred outcome oriented, safe, therapeutic and cost effective care.
- Identifies patient needs based on professional knowledge and medical plan of care. Establishes individualized outcome measures for each patient's care.
- Delegates interventions based on critical thinking skills and a knowledge of the competencies of each team member.
- Coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available personnel and resources.
- Through utilization of the nursing process, the clinical nurse diagnoses and treats patient and family responses to actual or potential health problems. The Preop/PACU/PAT nurse is accountable to the patient, family, peers, and leadership team.
- Ensures and manages that appropriate nursing care is delivered by utilizing the nursing process and according to accepted standards of the operating room.
- Monitors, positions and assists patient during preoperative anesthetic blocks and procedures.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
Education: RN , BSN , Associates Preferably has or actively working towards a BSN (or allied health field).
Experience: PACU/Preop and/or ICU experience required.
Knowledge/Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, coordinative, organizational, and teaching skills required. Sound conflict management skills and the ability to be fair, unbiased and even-tempered. Ability to function as a role model in the nursing role.
Licenses/Certifications: RN Licensure in TX, BLS, ACLS, PALS certification with the American Heart Association
$10,000 sign on bonus available.