Hill Country Memorial Hospital Fredericksburg, TX Full-time Social Service
Posted on October 19, 2022
Essential functions include:
- Coordinate and facilitate timely implementation of discharge plans for assigned patients; arrange follow-up care as appropriate.
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation while formulating, developing and implementing a plan utilizing appropriate social work interventions.
- Conduct concurrent review of Inpatient Physician documentation to support medical necessity, risk of mortality, and severity of illness. Facilitate the achievement of expected patient outcomes and discharge within an appropriate length of stay.
- Assist with screening, identification, and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc. Make referrals as appropriate and serve as resource for the health care team.
- Utilize InterQual Acute Criteria to assess medical necessity for admission and need for continued care.
- Participate in on-cal or after-hours coverage as needed.
- Provide necessary clinical information to payers as requested. COllect and report data for resource utilization, compliance, and other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge or relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse. Serve as a patient advocate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Masters or better in Social Work.
3 years: Acute clinical practice or related health care experience preferred.