HopeHealth Position: Staff Endocrinologist
THE PHYSICIAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF PATIENTS FOR HORMONAL DISEASES AND CONDITIONS RELATED TO THE ENDOCRINE GLANDS.
- Inquires about current symptoms and reasons for doctor’s visit.
- Sees patients and reviews basic medical history
- Conducts exams and tests to determine likelihood of endocrine gland related issues.
- Analyzes lab results and presentation of symptoms to arrive at conclusive diagnosis.
- Devises and assigns proper course of treatment.
- Advises surgery when necessary.
- Works with other specialized physicians to treat and cure certain conditions, such as glandular tumors.
- Writes and renews prescriptions for medications.
- Logs all patient visits and medical information and maintains patient records.
- Follows up with patient to track condition.
- Provides advice for patients regarding the daily management of their diseases or conditions.
- Advises outside therapy when needed.
- Attends endocrinology conferences to learn about newest forms of treatment:
MD in Endocrinology or Equivalent
Completion of an approved residency program in internal medicine.
Completion of an approved endocrinology fellowship program
Board-eligible or Board Certified in SC.