The Veterans’ Home at Anna is seeking an Administrator to lead a team of medical professionals and staff to deliver compassionate and patient-centered care to Illinois’ heroes. Located in the Anna-Jonnesboro community in Union County, it offers space for 50 resident veterans in skilled nursing and 12 residents in six adjoining apartment domiciliary units. The home is situated on 16 scenic acres and as the smallest Illinois veterans’ home; it has built a tight-knit community with a focus on family, centered around the veteran. If you are interested in serving our veterans as they have served this nation, this is the perfect job for you.
The Administrator oversees all aspects of the home’s daily service to veterans including:
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
- Develops and executes programs, policies, and procedures encompassing the operations of the home including resident’s services and fiscal compliance.
- Develops long-range objectives and plans for the operation of the facility.
- Collaborates with senior staff regarding home operations.
- Formulates and executes annual budget.
- Reviews and approves the preparation and issuance of policies and procedures.
- Inspects the facility to ensure compliance with regulatory standards; creates and implements a plan of correction for deficiencies.
- Manages and provides direction to staff.
- Liaison between the home and its advisory councils.
- Represents the home at conferences/meetings with veteran and community partners.
- Knowledge and skills equivalent to the completion of four years of college with coursework in business or public administration.
- Prior experience equivalent to four years of progressively responsible administrative experience in public or business organization.
- Requires current State of Illinois (Department of Professional Regulation) Nursing Home license.
- Knowledge of IDVA programs, service objectives, activities, and operational systems
- Ability to develop, install, and evaluate new and revised methods, procedures, and performance standards.
- Knowledge of public and business administration, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of staff utilization and employee motivation.
- Ability to develop and manage a major agency program.
- Ability to analyze administrative program and adopt an effective course of action.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Interested candidates should forward their resume, CV, and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.