Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Working at JF&CS:
At JF&CS, we hold these values close to our heart: Commitment and integrity, compassion and respect, innovation and collaboration, professionalism, and responsiveness to diverse needs. Guided by Jewish values, and voted a Top Workplace for 2022 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, we are a welcoming community of professionals passionate about making a difference in the community. For testimonials from staff on what it’s like being part of the JF&CS family, you can visit our Careers page.
JF&CS is now seeking a Dental Assistant for our Ben Massell Dental Clinic.
DESCRIPTION: Dental Assistant
The Ben Massell Dental Clinic is a fast-paced state-of-the-art dental facility with over 100 volunteer dentists providing quality dental care to individuals in Metro Atlanta. The clinic has 15 operatories and the absolute latest in dental equipment. The clinic has an opening for a full-time dental assistant. We offer a very Competitive Salary and excellent Benefits package. Applicant must be knowledgeable of dental procedures and instruments. Guides and maintenance records for equipment care. Must maintain organizational practices and ability to add positive growth to the dental team. Along with Professionalism, this job also requires Commitment and Integrity, Compassion and Respect, Innovation and Collaboration, and Responsiveness to Diverse needs.
PURPOSE: Responsible to the dentist on duty. Facilitates an efficient flow of patients to and from the clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides chair-side assistance to the dentist when treating patients, including seating patients, preparing and arranging dental materials and instruments, giving post-operative instructions to patients and/or parents, and preparing room for the next patient.
- Keeps all operatories clean; maintains an adequate stock of materials for the attending dentist.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any deficient equipment or of any unusual requirement of a particular dentist.
- Maintains a card for each attending dentist, outlining the dentist’s setup and techniques so that rooms will be properly prepared prior to the dentist’s visit.
- Knowledgeable of guides and maintenance records for equipment care.
- Knowledgeable of the front desk and telephone procedures.
- Uses sterile techniques and proper procedures in cleaning instruments.
- Knowledgeable of digital X-rays.
- Takes all necessary radiographs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Check all patient’s records before dental treatment.
- Turn on vacuum pumps and water in the AM before the clinic opens.
- Turn off vacuum pumps and water in the PM after the clinic closes.
- Follow all rules and protocols.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a certified dental assistant school.
- Previous work experience as a full-time, paid assistant may be substituted for formal education on a year-to-year basis.
Medical, Dental, and Vision are available on the first day of hire for all full-time staff. In addition, PTO, 401K, holiday pay and paid parental leave are also available within our agency benefits package!
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS
COVID-19 VACCINATION MANDATE:
Where permitted by applicable law, the applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. The booster requirement must be met 30 days after you become eligible, and proof of booster must be provided to Human Resources. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.