Experienced Medical Assistant Dermatology
JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
JOB STATUS: Part-time
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer, Professional provider, Executive Director
This position requires direct patient communication, critical thinking and problem solving. The Medical Assistant works closely with providers and staff. The Medical Assistant provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. The Medical Assistant exhibits initiative is compatible and supportive; and displays team cohesiveness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification as a Medical Assistant desired
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant
- Previous dermatology experience
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physician, patients, co-workers, vendors and the public
- Prior experience using autoclave and cleaning of instruments
- Must possess critical thinking skills, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Medical terminology
- Computer literacy; experience with EMR/HER systems
- Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists providers with patient office visits which include, rooming patients, scribes notes for providers and interviews patients, recording chief complaint, review of systems and medical history. May require obtaining vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, prepare specimens for lab work, obtain consents and enter all medical history in patient electronic medical record.
- Assists providers with biopsies
- Under Physician supervision, will perform photodynamic light therapy and chemical peels.
- Prepares and reviews patient chart prior to patient’s appointment. Reviews charts for completeness ensuring all required information is included; notes any deficiencies and utilizes all resources internal as well as external.
- Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Demonstrates compliance in relation to HIPAA and OSHA/BBP mandates.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
- Performs administrative tasks, including form completions, prescription refills, referrals and patient educational material.
- Scans all pertinent information into the electronic health record system.
- Manages autoclave and cleaning instruments, room turnovers as required.
- Maintains eye wash station and spore testing.
- Preps biopsies and processes labs
- Answers phones, takes messages and troubleshoots patient calls (Triage)
- Follows up on MOHS patients
- Assists with scheduling, rescheduling and confirming appointments
- Obtains prior authorizations and processes labs from the clinic.
- Responsible for medication management
- Assists in the inventory, ordering, receiving, and stocking of office supplies.
- Assists with other related front desk clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, collating and mailing.
- MIPS compliance
- MA SOP manual
- EMR document editing
- Biologic auths
- Covers clinic MAs at lunch hour, vacation and unplanned absence
- Assists with flow as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Barriers, temp monitoring, enhanced disinfecting and masks reqd, socially distant waiting room and overflow seating.
- dermatology: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location