Systems Application Engineer
The Systems Applications Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of business software applications and integrations. Will act as a liaison with the Business Analysts, Operations and Clinical Staff to ensure software application projects meet requirements. In addition, provide general information management and software support to end-users at all levels throughout the organization during regular business hours and after hours as needed.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Sylvan site.
Pay/Benefits: $66,874 to $73,561 annual salary, plus Full benefits.
Essential Responsibilities: (Must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Research, evaluate, design, implement, test, manage, and maintain software applications and system integrations including data cleansing and migration
- Identify, analyze, and trouble shoot to identify root causes and resolve system or application issues working with vendors, IT staff, and end-users. Provides technical support to all staff levels at LifeWorks NW.
- Write, implement, and test efficient and correct code and database queries
- Participate and contribute to data analysis, reporting, and dashboard and measures creation and support
- Prepare requirements, design, test, and training documentation and materials, as required
- Deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Work collaboratively with other IT staff, stakeholders, developers, UI/UX designers, business analysts to identify software and system needs.
- Display cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency
- Meets performance standards set by assigned project work/objectives and organizational policies and norms.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings with manager. Attends informational meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Effectively communicates both orally and written with customers, team members, and organization. May be required to train individuals or groups, as needed.
- Manage and/or perform backup, recovery, and other security measures as required.
- Optional Responsibilities: (May be assigned as additional responsibilities)
- Technical Leadership
- Provide technical leadership and direction for projects and practices
- Establish technical environment, practices, and processes such as software configuration management, software quality, technical reviews, coding standards
- Conduct and lead code and technical reviews to ensure software design, requirements, and quality standards are met
Qualifications: (Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for qualifications. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each task proficiently.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or higher
- Preferred minimum 2 years software development experience
- Preferred experience in Avatar (NetSmart) or similar EMR
- Preferred experience in full stack development, data analytics and reporting
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical capability in problem solving and data analytics
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Team Player.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends with access to a car and valid driver's license.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events - Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards - Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with standards.
Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Co-workers - Providing guidance and direction to co-workers.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others - Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic and statistics, and their applications.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services.
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09