Pharmacy Services Coordinator
Mindful Health Solutions is a leading outpatient psychiatry group practice dedicated to freeing patients from the burden of mental illness. We are transforming outpatient mental healthcare by providing the most advanced, evidence-based treatments available, including Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy. TMS is a highly effective, non-invasive, FDA-cleared therapy for drug resistant depression. Led by nationally recognized clinical experts in psychiatry and entrepreneurial healthcare business leaders, we offer compassionate, comprehensive mental healthcare. Our team-based work culture of innovation, learning and collaboration support our core values of Accountability, Credibility and Transparency. Our architect-designed medical clinics are specially designed to provide patients, practitioners and employees with a modern, relaxed, people-centered experience.
The ideal candidate will perform duties to support each clinic with calls and pharmacy related requests from patients, staff, and pharmacy. Assure coordination and maintenance of the records related to any pharmacy related request. Receive and respond to patient, provider, and pharmacy calls regarding the sent scripts, prior authorization, and related process. For more information about our company, please visit www.mindfulhealthsolutions.com
- Serves as front line subject matter expert on outpatient pharmacy services, prescription insurance benefits, and financial assistance.
- Track, trend, and answer calls, and pharmacy questions to ensure high quality customer service, clinic criteria have been met, audit for documentation, and patterns.
- Resolve patient complaints related to the pharmacy matters in concurrence with clinic.
- Exhibits exceptional customer service during interactions with patients, caregivers, and other health care professionals.
- Collaborates with inter-professional team and stake holders to enhance communication, coordinate care, and improve patient satisfaction for each patient or pharmacy encounter.
- Partners with patients to determine most appropriate sources for their medication needs and refers patients to appropriate programs and resources.
- Reviews prescriptions with outpatient pharmacies to confirm which medications need to be dispensed and provides necessary timeline for dispensing.
- Identifies financial assistance (e.g., manufacturers’ assistance, copay assistance, vouchers) programs to reduce out of pocket expenses for patients.
- Resolves insurance related issues and coordinates prior authorization requirements.
- Provides routine feedback with respect to program impact and areas for improvement to site and organizational leadership.
- Work where the highest professional and ethical standards are maintained as well as full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Performs review of clinic and pharmacy duties as required in compliance with clinic related policy. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here but considered related are not essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- 2+ years of pharmacy experience, preferably in a managed care environment
- Prior experience using tools or systems (ex: EMR or other web based, custom, proprietary, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, proven decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage deliverables in a high pace environment
- Strong Problem Resolution skills, to be able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing a problem and choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.; exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
License/Certificate: A Current state’s Pharmacy Technician license or Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the ability to obtain both license and PTCB within 90 days of the start date, is a positive.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Based on the role and location, this position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless you are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required on your first day of employment or within the first few months.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. We are an affirmative action employer and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.