Medical Assistance Specialist, Medicaid Eligibility Examiner
NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) opportunities:
Medical Assistance Specialist (MAS) - $63,108
Medicaid Eligibility Examiner (MEE)- $40,193
No examination required!
The Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP) is filling over 50 positions in these titles in Albany County. We are looking for experienced health care professionals who have worked in public health insurance programs including New York’s Medicaid and/or Medicare, local district social services offices, health insurance companies, hospitals, other health care facilities, and health insurance call centers.
OHIP is responsible for overseeing and managing more than $100 billion for all public health insurance programs. These NYS positions offer excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
Medicaid Eligibility Examiner Duties Include:
- Gathering medical evidence for Medicaid disabilities determinations
- Communicating with applicants, physicians’ offices, hospitals, and other health care providers to gather the documentation necessary for a Medicaid disability determination to be conducted
- Conducting quality assurance reviews and assisting in the development of policies and procedures for specific case scenarios
Medical Assistance Specialist Duties Include:
- Provide excellent customer service to support for the administration of New York’s health insurance programs
- Provide program, policy, and operational support for the administration of New York’s health insurance programs
For minimum qualifications, please visit health.ny.gov/employment
If you meet the minimum qualifications for MAS or MEE (use in subject line), send your resume and cover letter by 11/29 to firstname.lastname@example.org