Social Worker Care Coordinator - MN Southwest Region
The Social Worker Care Coordinator is responsible for performing assessments and implementing care management programs that focus on improving the health of individual PrimeWest Health members while reducing health care costs through coordination of health and wellness services provided by PrimeWest Health’s contracted health care providers.
After completion of Certified Assessor training, the Social Worker Care Coordinator performs in person assessments and coordinates care for PrimeWest PWSHC and MSC+ members who are eligible for and will participate in long term care, Elderly Waiver services, and/or Personal Care Assistance/Community First Services and Supports. The Social Worker Care Coordinator may additionally conduct health risk assessments and Skilled Nursing Facility assessments for PrimeWests’ PWSHC, MSC+, SNBC, and PHC populations.
This position additionally supports county and internal PrimeWest Health staff in the areas of behavioral health, which includes mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) as well as social services and health equity. This individual fosters collaborative relationships with county partners, mental health, special needs and social and community services providers. This individual collaborates with PrimeWest Health Care coordinators and County Case Managers to improve care throughout the healthcare continuum, supporting all PrimeWest lines of business.
Educational Requirements and Required Qualifications
1. At minimum, a BS in Social Work, Master’s Degree and Social Work License preferred.
2. Experience in working with individuals at all stages of life with emphasis on Medicaid, Medicare and
Special Needs populations
3. A minimum of 3 years of practice as a social worker, with field/community experience preferred.
4. Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks. Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work effectively with a variety of people both within and outside of the organization.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to sit at a desk or computer station most of the time.
7. Ability to travel 25% to 50% of the time in assigned geographic area
Kandiyohi or Surrounding area, Minnesota
PrimeWest Health will accept résumés for this position until filled. No phone inquiries, please.
Employment to begin ASAP.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé and cover letter to:
Attn: Elizabeth Warfield, SNP Care Coordination Manager
3905 Dakota Street
Alexandria, MN 56308
PrimeWest Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion