Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time
The licensed practical nurse assists in implementing the nursing process throughout the care continuum under the direction of the registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, or licensed practitioner. This practice includes dependent and interdependent functions. Provides support for team and provider(s) during facility encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs follow-up care per provider instructions and in accordance with scope of practice. Assists with patient education. Documents clinical information into the medical record.
· Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the medical record according to guidelines (e.g., hearing, vision, blood pressure).
· Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g., medication, dressings, specimen collections, irrigations, suture removals, and IVs) and documents patient response.
· Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed.
· Initiates interventions and health education according to prevention guidelines.
· Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of practice.
· Educates patient and provides preparation materials for diagnostic studies according to guidelines.
· Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology, consultants and follow-up appointments as ordered by practitioner.
· Effectively provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel, patient and family.
· Resolves patient concerns promptly.
· Participates in process of interviewing, selection, orientation and training of new team members.
· Participates emergency care as necessary and as directed by physician and registered nurse.
· Maintains department Quality Improvement standards.
Licensed-Practical Nurse or Registry Professional
• Adult teaching experience; patient advocacy
• 3+ years’ experience in clinical oncology a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to recognize knowledge gaps and apply appropriate education techniques to bridge gaps
• Proficiency in communication technologies (email, cell phone, etc.)
• Highly organized, ability to multi-task and ability to keep accurate notes and records.
• Experience with EMRs, IT systems and reports preferred.
• Local knowledge of community services and resources preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Work, Excel, Power Point, preferred