Acute Clinical Care I\DD Specialist
Title: Acute Clinical Care I\DD Specialist
Location: West End
Hiring Salary Range: $63,504 - $65,004
Position is remote or hybrid. Travel in the catchment area is required.
Sandhills Center is a Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization (LME-MCO) serving individual in eleven counties in central North Carolina. We have a robust network of providers who offer treatment and support services for mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.
- This position will work with the Acute Clinical Care Specialty Unit Director and will offer expertise in IDD services and supports.
- The position will work with other team members in the Specialty Care Unit on complex, high risk and challenging specialty cases.
- The person in this position will be expected to provide collaborative intensive clinical coordination of services for specified members with severe medical/behavioral/emotional problems; working closely with providers and associate agencies to assure that members meeting criteria for the complex high-acuity population receive appropriate services.
- Responsible for handling complaints, concerns and identifies opportunities for improvement. Must have extensive knowledge regarding IDD and MH diagnostic criteria, resources available for IDD and MH/SU population, and must be able to exercise diplomacy and persistence in advocating and negotiating for services to meet the needs of the specialty population associated with this position.
- Advocating and negotiating for services to meet the needs of the specialty population associated with this position.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in human services and two or more years’ of professional level experience with the I\DD population; or, Bachelor’s degree in human services field and five years of professional level experience with the I\DD population. Must be a QDDP.
- Must have extensive knowledge regarding IDD and MH diagnostic criteria, resources available for IDD and MH/SU population
Preferred Experience: Prefer a master’s degree in human services with five years of professional level I\DD experience and licensure. Extensive knowledge/experience of mental health diagnosis and treatments.
- Local Government Retirement Plan
- 401k with a 3% match
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Please apply at https://sandhillsweb.tosgcloud.net/HRApplication/