SOUTH PLAINS RURAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Staff Physician works as part of the medical provider team providing medical services to the patients of the Center. In addition, Staff Physicians, unless specifically exempted by the Medical Director, shall be qualified to serve on the Medical Staff of a local hospital and supervise community health center PA's or NP's as appropriate.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides primary medical care by caring for all patients in accordance with the physician's medical specialty.
- Develops a plan of care for each patient, including: complete medical history, physician examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and/or referral, including hospitalization where necessary.
- Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment, such as laboratory and radiological testing, in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Confers with consulting physicians, nurse, patients, and patient's families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Refers those cases, which require specialist services, but maintains responsibility, assuring that continuity of care is provided.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a regularly up-dated performance improvement plan for the consortium.
- Participates in the Health Promotion/Disease Prevention activities required by the U.S. Public Health Service.
- Attends all medical staff meetings and participates in the health center's Performance Improvement program.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the community health center to meet the goals of providing primary health care.
- Recognize own role in marketing of clinic services by developing positive relations with the public in general.
- Participates in the health center’s performance improvement activities and performs duties in accordance with applicable standards.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Medical Director and/or the Chief Executive Officer to meet the goals of providing primary health care.
The Staff Physician reports to, is supervised by and evaluated by the Medical Director and CEO. The Staff Physician may be asked to serve as Physician in Charge at a particular clinic site and as such will supervise the medical team at that site. The Staff Physician may also be asked to supervise a PA or NP.
The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing, and will be carried out by the Medical Director. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior. Formal evaluation will normally be performed annually, but may be initiated at other times by the Staff Physician or the Medical Director and CEO.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy.
- Eligible for board certification in Family Practice.
- License to practice medicine in the State of Texas.
- The ability to relate with warmth and effectiveness to the patients and other health care providers of the health center
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
- Ability and willingness to serve on the medical staff of a hospital used by the health center.
- Sufficient experience and/or education to carry out the duties of this position.
- Staff assessed by Bi-lingual English/Spanish CMO as competent to interpret medical dialogue __ Yes __ No.(check one)
- Must be able to be fully credentialed to provide service and must qualify for FICA insurance.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
This is an FLSA exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
This is an ADA negotiable position.
The salary for this position is negotiated between the individual and the Chief Executive Officer using the approved salary scale of the organization as a basis.