FULL TIME POSITION: Physician/Medical Director
FACILITY: St. Croix Tribal Health Clinic • 4404 State Road 70., Webster WI 54893
SALARY: $250,000 ($10,000 Sign On Bonus, additional $10,000 If needed for Moving Expenses)
St. Croix Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people centered, service excellence-focused and results oriented manner.
The Medical Director is responsible for the coordination and oversight of all medical care provided at our main clinic (Webster/Hertel) and our outreach site (Round Lake Community) and for the quality of services rendered. This position provides direct patient care to outpatient ambulatory patients and serves as a member of the St. Croix Tribal Clinic administrative staff. The Medical Director ensures proper functioning of day-to-day operations of clinical processes.
- Serves as Medical Director for St. Croix Health and Human Services.
- Assumes responsibility for monitoring quality and appropriateness of medical services rendered to our patients.
- Provides professional perspective and direction in development of the health care plan and strategic plan for the clinic.
- Collaborates with and supports our Health Director in ensuring the viability of Health and Human Services through support of the annual budget, adherence with budgetary guidelines and oversight of provider productivity.
- Assures alliance of organizational mission with needs of medically under-served community.
- Delivery of quality medical care to the St. Croix Tribal Community.
- Provides oversight of delivery of medical care by clinical staff through direct supervision and audits; serves as a mentor and manages the resolution of practice related problems of practice related problems of provider staff.
- Provides professional oversight for advanced practice nurses’ collaborative practice agreements.
- Reviews WI PDMP as Medical Coordinator and EHR reports for clinic providers quarterly to ensure appropriate prescribing of controlled substances.
- Ensures continuity and follow-up of care for services for inpatient discharges.
- Initiates and supports efforts to promote wellness concepts and self-responsibility for health.
- Participates in strategic planning process for the clinic.
- Develop policies and procedures and updates medical care protocols and procedures.
- Supports the development of health care plan to support grant applications.
- Serves as laboratory director consultation for CLIA waived testing procedures and equipment.
- Collaborate with our HIM staff to assure compliance of medical records and HIPAA regulations.
- Promotes EHR/RPMS implementation and improvement processes.
- Provides a monthly report to the Health Director outlining any changes, concerns, ideas for clinic work load, level and types of services and processes for the Health Director’s review and approval.
- Assists the Health Director as requested in preparation of plans, reports, memos, letters, etc. that may be needed for review by the St. Croix Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin Tribal Council, Indian Health Services or Wisconsin Department of Human Services.
- Attends monthly team management, administrative staff, clinic staff and all-staff meetings.
- Attends and facilitates monthly Medical provider meeting.
- Collaborates with local public health departments and other area tribal clinics regarding changing health trends with the St. Croix Tribal Community.
- Occasional education related travel may be required.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Note: The essential functions are intended to describe the general contents of and requirements of this position and are not intended to an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate manager.
Type of Supervisory Responsibilities: Clinic and Behavioral Health Medical Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct and coordinate activities of medical providers, nurses, students, assistants, specialists, behavioral health therapists and other medical staff.
Directly Reporting to: Health and Human Services Director
Matrix of INDIRECT Reporting: St. Croix Tribal Council
Scope and Complexity:
Interacts with all levels of management and employees; often trusted with maintaining confidentiality and relaying highly sensitive messages, and appropriate application of business operations and practices.
Physical Demands/Environment Factors:
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Need ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on the telephone.
- May require off-site travel.
- Medical Degree from accredited University
- Have a current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Wisconsin
- At least five (5) years of practice as a licensed physician
- Current unrestricted DEA registration
- Eligible for Medicaid and Medicare Billing
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office computer applications
- Competence in the use of EHR/MDR systems
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including OSHA.
- Ability to monitor patient confidentiality in accordance with the Federal Privacy Act and HIPAA.
- Knowledge of RPMS system
- Previous supervisory experience
- Medical Assisted Treatment for Addiction
- DEA Waiver X
Native American Preference Given in Accordance with P.L. 93-638 and Amendments