Executive Director of Nursing
Founded in 1928, Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, located in Upstate New York, is a 115-bed hospital specializing in physical rehabilitation. Every year, more than 15,000 individuals come to Sunnyview from across the Capital Region of New York State and beyond. Each one has a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and specialists ... all focused on one goal ... helping patients recover from a stroke, traumatic injury or disabling illness.
Sunnyview is the only nationally recognized specialty rehabilitation hospital in upstate New York. Patients travel to Sunnyview from 40 counties in New York State, as well as 10 other states, for our expertise, experience and technology ... and our reputation. Our outcomes show that we help patients attain their greatest level of independence and provide them with the best chance of going home.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF NURSING- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, Schenectady, NY
Are you a passionate and dedicated nursing professional seeking a leadership role in a reputable healthcare organization? Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, a leading physical rehab hospital in Schenectady, NY, is seeking a highly qualified Executive Director of Nursing to join our team. As the Director of Nursing, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care within our dynamic rehab hospital, while providing strategic direction to our nursing staff. If you possess strong leadership skills, extensive clinical knowledge, and a commitment to excellence, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position.
Sunnyview Rehab Hospital has been nationallyrankedin the top 30 of U.S. World's “BestRehabHospitals”
What you will do:
- In alignment with the organizational Mission & Core Values, the Executive Director of Nursing is responsible for the development, implementation & evaluation of programs and systems which facilitate and enhance age related and culturally sensitive nursing practice.
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Hospital Operations, the Executive Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall human resource, administrative and clinical management of the nursing department.
- Provide administrative direction in the recruitment, staffing and evaluation of nursing personnel; monitors and manages staffing effectiveness for Nursing Administration
- Responsible for the achievement of targeted outcomes in nurse sensitive indicators and other quality outcomes for the patients of Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Collaborates with medical staff leadership, quality improvement, infection control, and therapy services in the development, implementation, and evaluation of systems and processes that complement the overall system for performance improvement
- Ensure nursing compliance with adverse event reporting
- Participate with various committees
- Responsible for the administrative direction of the department.
- Is an active member of the hospital Management Team.
- Foster a positive and supportive work environment, promoting staff morale and engagement.
- Monitor and ensure that the nursing staff observes protocol and standard procedures in accordance with regulatory agency guidelines.
What you will need:
- New York State RN License
- BSN Required, MSN Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive, responsible healthcare management experience. Experience in rehabilitation nursing and CRRN certification preferred
- Must have in-depth knowledge of nursing practice and healthcare issues.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of nursing professionals.
- Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) systems (ex: point click care and epic) and other healthcare technology.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively and collaboratively with nursing colleagues, physicians and other healthcare professionals and administrators.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our patients and lead a dedicated team of nursing professionals, apply today! We look forward to reviewing your application and considering you for the role of Executive Director of Nursing at Sunnyview Rehab Hospital, part of St. Peters Health Partners.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.