Job Title: Case Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Salary Range: Dependent on qualifications and experience
FLSA Status: Hourly, Full-time
Case management refers, transports and aids individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with mental health, substance abuse problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews clients, review records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of client;
- Formulates program for treatment and rehabilitation of client;
- Case management and transports to assist client in meeting his/her needs to receive the proper assistance dealing with mental health and substance abuse problems;
- Case management services for family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for client;
- Refers clients to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and employment services;
- Monitors condition of client to evaluate success of therapy, and adapts treatment as needed;
- Prepares and maintains reports and case histories;
- Formulates and conducts programs to promote prevention of mental health, alcohol and drug abuse;
- Completes all program billing on a daily basis and documentation in client files for state compliance;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for success would be qualifying. Minimum requirements are a Degree in Psychology and two years’ experience working in the field of Chemical Dependency.
Skills and Knowledge:
Ability to maintain a professional relationship with clients and staff, ability to plan and schedule workday to achieve with performance measures and outcomes, ability to maintain current and accurate records, organizational and time management skills, written and oral communication skills, ability to project a positive image of the agency and the agency employees in a consistent manner to the community we serve as well as to other agencies and interested persons.
Performance Evaluation Schedule:
Performance Evaluation will be performed at the end of the probationary period, and annually after the first review to ensure continued appropriateness for the position and that the conditions required are met by the individual.