Cow Creek Health and Wellness - Clinic Director
The Clinic Director will be responsible for overseeing clinic operations including healthcare providers, nursing staff, and administrative management staff supervision, financials, quality improvement and continuity of clinic operations.
• Oversight of Primary Healthcare Providers, Nursing Staff, Front Office Team, and all CCH&WC Clinical Administrative staff. Provide direction, mentoring, and supervision to such leadership staff to assure the leadership staff executes effective supervision of all staff under their role as evidenced by a standard criterion for all leadership staff to follow and to be evaluated.
• Quality Assurance Program including infection control, safety, peer reviews and aspects of the Quality Improvement Program. Working collaboratively with medical teams and other tribal government and business programs.
o Ensure a work environment always promoting employee safety including workplace safety guidelines are followed for staff and vendors. Responsible for meeting healthcare regulatory requirements to include risk management, infection control, and customer safety.
o Responsible for meeting healthcare regulatory requirements to include risk management, infection control, and customer safety.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the CCHWC Strategic Plan. Hold regular annual planning meetings for administrative staff as needed.
• Develops and adheres to Tribal operational policies and procedures.
• Evaluates and monitors key performance dashboards and development of designs and executes actions to improve dashboard metrics.
• Identifies grant opportunities and assists in the preparation of grant applications.
• Achieves and maintains operations that meet accreditation that may include, AAAHC, ACHC, or equivalent and recognized standards.
• Champions the implementation of integrated care through proven and innovated care models and best practices.
• Assist the Health Operations Officer and tribal leadership in ensuring the Tribe’s representation at essential local, state, and federal health & wellness program meetings and activities are appropriately assigned. Follow-up notes and a full report back to management is maintained for consistency of representation.
• Responsible for internal and external customer service, quality assurance, and process for resolution of concerns, complaints and grievances in a timely manner.
• Communicates to staff Tribal updates, events, and activities as well as routine clinical updates for continuity of operations.
• Work closely with Health Operations Officer, Clinic Human Resources Coordinator, other tribal Governmental Departments/Programs, Health Advisory Committee and Tribal Board of Directors per tribal administration request.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
• Align with Tribal history, governance structure, subsistence, Tribal enrollment, and cultural heritage, as well as factors impacting sovereignty and self-governance.
• Solid working knowledge of budgeting and grants management.
• Solid working knowledge of health accreditation standards and implementation.
• Knowledge of primary care, nursing health operations, service delivery, and an integrated model of care.
• Knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements, risk management, and privacy compliance.
• Knowledge of change management techniques.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, required.
• Must be an RN (Registered Nurse) or higher in professional practice (FNP, PA, DO/MD)—must be active in licensed practice.
• Two to four years of supervisory experience in area of healthcare management, required.
• Healthcare business, clinical licensure/certification and/or degree, required.