Under supervision of the SELPA Executive Director or designee, will be responsible for assessment,
planning, goal development and providing appropriate intervention services for students with
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
1. Coordinates and provides occupational therapy services to students; maintains a safe and orderly
2. Conducts assessments of students to determine need for occupational therapy.
3. Reviews reports from health care providers requesting occupational therapy and coordinates
occupational therapy services with students’ health care providers.
4. Collaborates with medical personnel in coordination of medical care protocols and acts as a resource
to school personnel in interpreting occupational therapy services and implementing instructional
strategies in the classroom.
5. Reevaluates students’ individual occupational therapy plans on a regular basis.
6. Plans and develops therapeutic intervention goals that are educationally relevant and will be used in
students’ education programs.
7. Participates in multidisciplinary team assessments and reporting.
8. Communicates results of evaluations and reports of occupational therapy services to the educational
staff, parents, students and other professional staff and agencies concerned with the student.
9. Collaborates with parents regarding plans for occupational therapy services, including planning for
therapy at home.
Ability to use a variety of modern methods, techniques and practices in occupational therapy
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Ability to properly use and to care for the materials, supplies and equipment employed in performing
services as an occupational therapist
Understanding of the physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth patterns of students and
Understanding of and sensitivity to the unique differences and needs of disabled students and their
Ability to work effectively with district personnel, community representatives and students
TIME PERIOD: 190 work days per year
Valid certification as Occupational Therapist issued by the National Board for Certification in
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Valid California driver's license