Certified Tumor Registrar, Remote
At University Hospital patient care is treated with high quality and compassion above all. We are attentive, kind, and helpful without exception. We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Certified Tumor Registrar who is a driven professional seeking a new challenge.
- Reviews hospital records to identify and compile patient data for use in cancer registry management program and to comply with government regulations.
- Reviews patient's medical record, abstracts, and codes information (i.e. demographics, history/extent of disease, diagnostic procedures/treatment, follow-up information) into software system.
- Attends Cancer Committee and Tumor Board Meetings
- Submits Cancer Registry Data to the Commission on Cancer, National Cancer Database, and the Texas Cancer Registry
- Validates data within medical record and within Cancer Registry Vendor on a quarterly basis.
- Stays up to date with all reporting to Registries including concurrent data reporting requirements.
- Attends Commission on Cancer site visits and all regulatory meetings which include Cancer Registry or Data Analysis.
- Must be able to comprehend and use various hospital computer software and other data base programs; displays knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Certification as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) or equivalent coursework in an approved college level curriculum in a recognized allied health field as determined by NCRA's Council on Certification is required.
- Three years of experience working as a CTR is required. If not a current CTR, CTR eligibility is required. Must obtain the CTR certification within three (3) years from date of hire.
- Experience in Medical Record Administration is required.
- Knowledge and use of ICD-0-3 coding principals is required; ICD-10-CM principals preferred.
Send CV to email@example.com