Physical Therapist Assistant $5k Sign-on Bonus - PTA License Required
POSITION TITLE: Physical Therapist Assistant - PTA License Required
DEPARTMENT: Rehab Services
JOB LOCATION: Santa Fe, NM
COMPENSATION: Based on experience
Min: $25.12/hour Mid: $32.15/hour Max: $34.16/hour
Sign-on Bonus of $5k (requires two-year commitment)
POSITION SUMMARY: Treats neuromusculoskeletal & cardiorespiratory systems by physical or mechanical means to maintain or restore function that has been impaired by injury or disease, for pain management and for promotion of mobility and health as prescribed by the referring physician under the direction of a physical therapist. Is responsible for following the plan of care for the patient. Performs and administers physical therapy modalities as deemed necessary by the physical therapist & collaborates throughout the process with the patient, their family and the interdisciplinary team.
- EDUCATION: Associate’s Degree from Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico Physical Therapist Assistant licensure & BLS certification required.
- SKILLS: Demonstrates accountability and skills in continued assessment, decision making and time management. Should have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- EXPERIENCE: None required.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director/Manager, Rehab Services
- Bloodborne pathogen: B
Works in a clean, well lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment. Potential exposure to communicable diseases, combative patients and hazardous chemicals. Subject to stressful professional relationships.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Good physical condition. Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing and walking. Lifts, positions, and transfers patients and manipulates occupied equipment. Lifts supplies or equipment up to 50 lbs. Potential strains resulting from lifting heavy patients and equipment.
- = Performance seldom meets job requirements. Immediate improvement required.
- = Development needed. Improvement required.
- = Consistent, reliable performance.
- = Excellence! Consistent, exceptional performance.
BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES:
Total Rewards Package
- We offer a competitive and comprehensive “total rewards” package, including compensation, benefits, and all of the rewards, both monetary and non-monetary, which help position us as an employer of choice.
- Pre-Tax Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance. A flexible spending account or health savings account is available with your pre-tax deferrals for medical and day care spending accounts for eligible expenses not covered by insurance or other plans.
- 403(b) Long Term Savings Plan with Fidelity. You may also contribute additional pre-tax dollars in this plan up to the maximum annual IRS limit. There is a graduated vesting schedule of 20 percent each year for employer contributions.
- Your accrual rate of combined leave for vacation and sick purposes is .06923 hours for each hour worked. Accrual of leave is based on productive hours worked and will fluctuate accordingly to a maximum of 144 hours.
- You will receive six paid holidays for traditionally celebrated holidays and personal holidays are added two times a year, one in January and one in July. The number of personal holidays you receive this year is dependent upon your start date and will be up to two days annually thereafter.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Workshop Opportunities
- In-house Education Team provides direct access to certification renewal
- Access to our in-house Sim Lab
- There are other voluntary benefit plans as well.
- Carries out a program of corrective exercise or treatment, home program and discharge recommendations for assigned patients as determined by the physical therapist in the plan of care.
- Monitors the patient’s response to interventions and notifies the physical therapist of record when change of treatment plan is needed, prior to any planned discharge, and in response to a change in the patient’s medical status.
- Organizes home programs for patients & participates in patient/family training whenever indicated. Educates and trains the person served, his/her family, and verifies learning through return demonstration, questions, etc.
- Assists the physical therapist during patient testing, evaluations and complex procedures. Prepares the patient for treatment, uses appropriate equipment, checks equipment for safety prior to use and explains the treatment/procedure to the patient.
- Directs and oversees Rehabilitation Assistants/students during physical therapy treatments. Participates with on-the-job training of rehabilitation personnel.
- Maintains records of all patient treatments as required, information must include but is not limited to, subjective & objective information, assessment and plan for each treatment given or specific documentation for a specific area in which the therapy is provided.
- Acquisitions appropriate equipment, checks equipment being used for safety, and communicates the treatment procedures and the use of the equipment to patient and family.
- Promotes the team approach to delivery of rehabilitation services, while serving as a representative in the field of Physical Therapy.
- In collaboration with the rehabilitation team, develops and implements measures for quality assurance and participates in performance improvement activities..
- Maintains professional competence through continuing education and participation in appropriate professional groups. Obtains professional continuing education requirements to maintain licensure.
- Ensures charges correlate with treatment session documentation and length of time in therapy.
- Maintains productivity standards.
- Exhibits behaviors and actions which create a high level of patient/ customer satisfaction, which contributes to positive patient/customer relations and which reflect respect for the patient's/customer's rights, needs and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates effective communication and human relations skills which promote harmony and teamwork.
- Presents behaviors and actions which maintain the hospital's credibility, integrity and positive image.
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions which support the mission, goals, and operations of the hospital and which contribute to continuous service improvement.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Accurately interprets and communicates Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Exhibits flexibility, adapting readily to changes in the work environment or work schedule.
- Maintains a positive attitude, even during periods of stress.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Complies and adheres to all St. Vincent Hospital policies.
- Maintains positive attendance and communicates in advance, any absence from work.
- Adheres to all patient and environmental safety policies and procedures.