Database Specialist, SON Projects And Grants
Under the direction of the Director, SON RISE Center, the Database Specialist serves as database expert and is responsible for the update, improvement, and maintenance of accurate research data in SON databases. The Database Specialist assists SON faculty, students and staff with importing research related data from federated databases, dissemination of results, programming, and data maintenance and cleaning as needed. This position fulfills departmental data requirements and provides data analytics, reporting and program support as needed.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Proficiency with statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, MPlus or R
- Experience with online data collection tools such as Qualtrics or REDCap
- Implement and maintain research protocols for secure data collection
- Create protocols and maintain documentation for secure data sharing
- Ability to merge and clean data from different data sources collected at varying levels
- Familiarity with geocoded data sources
- Proficient with basic statistical analyses
- Strong communication skills
Bachelors degree or equivalent. Two years of related experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibit initiative, eagerness to learn and professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Google CSP, Amazon AWS or other CAS
- Experience with Python and Jupyter Notebook
Commensurate with experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.