Mental Health Manager -Connally Unit
The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD).
Responsible for the coordination and delivery of mental health assessment and intervention to patients; serves as a member of an interdisciplinary management team for decisions affecting the delivery of mental health services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contributes to the success of the UTMB Correctional Managed Care operation.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision of mental health staff.
- Ensures coordination of the scheduling and delivery of mental health services.
- Conducts and supervises mental health treatment.
- Develops and provides in-service training to mental health, medical staff, and other designated staff.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary management team.
- Responsible for the implementation, compliance, and successful outcome of all mental health Quality Management programs.
- Serves as mental health representative with other on-site departments regarding the delivery of mental health services.
- Ensures professional liaison with patient families and community agencies.
- Ensures completion of clinically appropriate and timely documentation.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard office equipment.
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment drug testing is also required.
Master's or Doctoral degree in Psychology or related field. Permanent, current Texas licensure/certification as a Psychologist, Psychological Associate, Licensed Clinician Social Worker, or Professional Counselor.
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRRA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.