NEW Vocational Nurse - Carol Young - CMC
The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD).
To provide direct nursing care to an assigned group of patients and performs nursing procedures within the scope of their education and demonstrated abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides direct nursing care to assigned patients.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care given.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer procedures.
- Using the nursing plan of care in daily assignments, able to review and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms, and behaviors including the3 physiological status of patients, presents proposed revision of interventions, and desired outcomes.
- Delivers the designated nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with the state medical plan of care.
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff of changes in patient status; recognizes patient care priorities, multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care crises.
- Follows physician's orders in the deliver of nursing care.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- Executes written physician's orders for assigned patients.
- Assembles equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or assists others with procedures or treatments.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures, and aseptic techniques in the deliver of patient care.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structures.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard patient care supplies, equipment and mechanical devices.
Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile detention center. Security clearance is required; pre-employment drug testing is also required.
High school or equivalent. Graduation from a Licensed Vocational Nurse Program and current license/permit as a vocational nurse in the State of Texas. No experience required.