Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Care Services (36 hours per week) (Galveston)
Provides competent basic and specialty respiratory care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach and individualizing care to meet unique patient needs.
Graduation from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy, or completion of the associate degree equivalency, and successful passage of the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) exam.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Must maintain credentials with the NBRC as well as licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assesses the respiratory care needs of patients.
- Identifies potential and actual diagnosis/patient care needs and identifies the contraindications and possible complications of patients receiving respiratory care.
- Initiates, evaluates, and reviews respiratory care plans that reflect a multidisciplinary approach to appropriate preventive action.
- Sets up and maintains respiratory equipment.
- Maintains oxygen, humidity, and aerosol therapy equipment inventory and supplies.
- Performs blood gas analysis and respiratory function tests.
- Participates in patient rounds.
- Maintains patient records.
- Provides patient/family respiratory care instruction.
- Assists in training and evaluating students and new employees.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets periodic UTMB and department specific compliance requirements for health screening, training, attendance, safety, and CPR.
- Performs related duties as required.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.