Senior Finance Manger - ASG III
Manages and assists the Director in financial and operational analysis activities with a complex functional or broad organizational scope. The senior manager will be able to assist in multiple activities at one time with little supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent in related field and at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Assists the Administrator and Assistant Administrator with fiscal operations for the departments under ASG III including departmental budgeting, staffing, and special projects
- Maintains a documented system of policies and procedures
- Supervises the coordination, preparation and analysis of complex financial and operational reports, financial statements, scorecards, metrics, benchmarks, budgets, and financial forecasts across multiple areas for ASG III
- Oversees and validates complex analysis of historical and projected financial and operational data to provide leadership information to make relevant financial decisions for ASG III
- Manages and validates information to support developing trends to assist with forecasts and management decision making for ASG III
- Identifies and utilizes technology and best practices to ensure continuous process improvement
- Oversees the quality assurance functions of financial data and statistical information for ASG III
- Remains current with and progressively learns industry trends, analytical techniques and appropriate financial systems necessary to complete essential job functions
- Evaluates, develops, mentors, and provides performance feedback to employees under their supervision
- Collaborates with other UTMB Departments including but not limited to AESC, AE Finance, Budget & Planning, RCO, Revenue Integrity, and Decision Support
- Supports/manages other duties and projects as assigned
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
Commensurate with experience
- CPA and/or Masters’ Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- Experience in Health Systems and Academic Medicine is desirable.
- Possess and demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding, with progressive development, of financial statements and relationships, analytical techniques, operations, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, practices, and procedures
- Progressive development of the ability to analyze/evaluate data
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with individuals at all levels of the institution
- Possess advanced decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to accomplish goals
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism
- Familiar with PeopleSoft financials and Human Capital Management, and Hyperion-Oracle BI including reporting, planning, and smart view
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.