LICENSED ALCOHOL AND DRUG COUNSELOR / IN PATIENT COUNSELOR
LICENSED ALCOHOL AND DRUG COUNSELOR/IN PATIENT COUNSELOR
Located in Elko Nevada
Salary range $50,000 to $57,000
JOB SUMMARY: A Counselor works closely with clients entering treatment for any substance abuse and/or other addictive disorders. A Counselor conducts individual and group therapy sessions, documents and maintains patient files as required according to established Vitality Unlimited time frames. Promotes an environment conducive to patient adjustment and transition to healthier lifestyles.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts individual and group counseling sessions for clients.
- Assesses client attitudes and progress regarding treatment, family vocation, self-esteem, social adjustment, interpersonal relations, and coping skills.
- Documents and maintains accurate records as required by Vitality Unlimited and the Substance Abuse Prevention Treatment Agency (SAPTA).
- Ensure that the quality of substance abuse treatment services provided by the Vitality Unlimited programs as described by ASAM placement criteria.
- Documents client’s progress in ECW in a timely manner. Maintains clinical records, ensuring documentation according to SAPTA and Vitality Unlimited policies. Obtains signed consents for paper files.
- Ensures that assigned clients complete all phases of treatment by scheduled graduation date.
- Knowledge of social, medical, vocational, and legal resources availability.
- Develops treatment plans with patient input, reviews and amends as needed.
- Participates in client intake process and discharge planning.
- Interviews client’s family members.
- Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Develops materials for group and lectures.
- Monitors clients to see that house rules and assigned chores are followed.
- Participates in crisis intervention as required.
- Schedules one (1) weekly individual counseling session per assigned patient (up LICENDSED ALCOHOL AND DRUG COUNSELOR Page two of two to 10 clients) throughout treatment period.
- Is accountable to Program Manager or the Program Coordinator for treatment responsibilities.
- Takes on-call rotation as scheduled by the Program Coordinator or the Program Manager.
- Follows the Code of Ethics as stated in NAC 458.
- Complies with confidentiality requirements as set forth in CFR42 Part II and HIPPA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Knowledge of Substance Abuse treatment and addictive behaviors. Familiar with State and community resources for alcohol and drug abuse. Must know the Vitality Unlimited patterns and disease concepts of alcoholism with studies in sociology, psychology, and related areas. EDUCATION: At least five (5) years’ experience employed in counseling substance abusers, adult or adolescents, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to five years’ experience. Must be certified or licensed by the Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors or must be eligible for licensure, certification, or internship. Must keep all requirements for CEUs (Continuing Education Units complete to keep certification or licensure current.
I have read the job description and understand fully the duties of my position.