Licensed Mental Health Therapists
Licensed Mental Health Therapists
Located in Elko Nevada
Mental Health Therapists salary range from $75,000 to $95,000. We hire more than one type of mental health therapist. We can hire Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors.
DESCRIPTION: A marriage and family therapist is a highly trained mental health professional who helps families deal with relationship and behavioral issues. MFT’s seek to secure and long-term solution to mental and emotional disorders and a wide variety of relationship issues. Services are provided in an integrated behavioral health setting, of multi-disciplinary para-professional and professionals with a person-centered, family-centered, recovery-orientated approach to care.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orient consumers to program philosophy, expectations, services available, treatment process, rules and regulations, consumer rights and other pertinent information.
- Conduct individual, family, and group therapy.
- Submit timely, complete, and accurate documentation of each session including behaviors and progress in treatment.
- Manage and organize an active caseload.
- Arrange for after care and discharge planning.
- Maintain positive relationships with community and referral agencies.
- Participate is multidisciplinary team staffing.
- Attend all assigned agency trainings, staff development, supervision and staff meeting as scheduled.
- Regular review of policies and procedure of the agency includi9ng Medicaid requirements.
- Provide QI and Peer Review data as required.
- Knowledge of ASAM.
- Maintain State required certification.
- Work with diverse population.
- Conducts intake interviews on new consumers.
- Assesses and/or diagnoses consumer needs.
- Participates in treatment team, staff, and professional meetings to discuss consumer progress.
- Assist in developing community resources for preventive mental health services.
- Prepares and regularly maintains progress notes, closing, and/or transfer summaries on consumers and related duties as required. MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST Page two of four.
- Provides specialized services to the Vitality Center, such as special program coordination and management.
- Interpret to professionals and provide groups to fit the psychosocial needs of consumers by identifying psychosocial disorders.
- Conducts reviews of consumer services for compliance with established policies and procedures set forth by Vitality Center and governing agencies.
- Ensures confidentiality of consumer as required by 42CFR Part II.
- Follows Code of Ethic as stated in NAC 458.
Prior experience providing counseling services to the substance abuse, co-occurring disorder, and homeless consumers To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well ingroup problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Consumer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to consumer needs; Solicits consumer comments to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST Page three of four
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks. Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Person-centered, family-centered, recovery-orientated care.
- The ability to recognize your own limitations and respond to difficult situations.
- Good communication skills; MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST Page three of four.
- Display enthusiasm, respect, and flexibility in the work place; he ability to collaborate with colleagues and community partners from other disciplines.
- The ability to adhere to all privacy and confidentiality policies.
- The ability to use electronic health records.
EDUCATION: Holds an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution approved by the Board. Completed residency training in psychiatry from an accredited college, university; or institution approved by the Board or; a graduate Mental Health degree in marriage and family therapy, psychology, or social work or; completed other education and training which is deemed equivalent by the Board and has at least 2 years of postgraduate experience practicing marriage and family therapy and; at lese 3,000 hours of supervised experience in marriage and family therapy; which includes at least 1,500 hours consisting of direct face-to-face contact with consumers and; holds an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution approved by the Board. I have read the job description and understand fully the duties of my position.